2007-05-06

Why don't we appreciate ourselves

I logged in my Chinese blog just now, only to find one new comment by Lucia: Jennie, I like you, in every way.
And this reminds me of some days ago when Suvi told me she liked me so much for everything. And also for Tammy's comment on facebook: "I am officially jealous of you! I want to trade place with you!"

Well, seems that I am envied by quite a lot of people. Why I am still unhappy and think my life as totally miserable? I used to envy Kev for his popularity. But he was always complaining and struggling. Now he's decided to give up everything he has here, for a total new life in Canada. A brave new world in front of you, Kev. Are you happy now?

And I do admire Suvi for she has got the only opportunity offered by government to study in Finland. She has been working so hard and finally get what she deserves. But she is still jealous of me and Kev..

I call this a bizzar jealousy triangle. (adapted from bizzar love triangle, by Frente!)
When can we stop looking at others and begin to appreciate we what already have?! It's always easy said than done, I am afraid.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's easy enough to start appreciating life, we're just looking at the wrong people.
Look at people struggling in the Third World, Iraq and closer to home. There are plenty of opportunities to appreciate life.